Sunday, 29 May 2011

The finer things in life

There are so many things we take for granted. Food, water, shelter...FINGERS. You don't realise how much you use them until you're fingers are dislocated by a basketball in Normandy, and they're taped together for several days. Yes, it happens. Grr. Anyway, I'm sure I had a point to make... Oh right! Well, in this day and age EVERYONE owns some kind of technology. Even my Granny, who is confused by remote controls, owns a laptop. This is hypocrytical seeing as I'm sat here, typing on my laptop, but I'm equally happy cycling with my dad, and talking to the barman. Walking in Wales along the beach. Playing football, wrestling, FIFA, Call of Duty with my brother. Chatting face to face with my friends. Gossiping with my hairdresser. Reading. Sunbathing. Personally, I believe those are the finer things in life. Things that don't cost a penny, that make me smile even more than I already do, and don't involve staring at some kind of screen.
I may be slightly biased in my opinion seeing as I have a dad who grew up in a large family and spent his childhood in his ridiculously large garden, burning down trees, nearly drowning in quicksand, tightroping across an empty swimming pool, making dens and tree houses, playing hide and seek, playing pranks on the other siblings and playing cards. That sounds far more fun, than sitting indoors comunicationg through technology. Wow, I sound like an old man, complainging in a armchair smoking a pipe... it could happen. Life is good. I would just prefer to spend more of it OUTSIDE, having different adventures everyday. I'm an old soul, I guess :L

No comments:

Post a Comment